We have developed our cancellation policy to be as flexible as possible to address unforeseen life events. Please take the time to read the policy. We want to be transparent and make sure that you are fully informed because the cancellation policy is not flexible. Our stance is based on the fact the rooms are our inventory, so if something happens and you are not able to make your reservation, it could potentially lead us to lose a significant amount of revenue. While it’s regrettable that things happen to impact your plans, as small business owners we cannot afford to lose revenue due to an unforeseen issue that has occurred. Based on research our cancellation policy is one of the most flexible in the area. The policy is designed to make sure that you receive credit for payments as long as we do not directly lose revenue. This approach has led to a complex cancellation policy with multiple variations of how potential refunds are handled, particularly if you cancel within 48 hours of your stay. Please read the entire policy and contact us if you do not understand it.
CREEKHAVEN INN CANCELLATION POLICY
- If you cancel 14 days prior to your check-in date there is a $10 service charge to cover our costs associated with merchant services and processing a refund of a deposit. You do have the option of converting your deposit to a gift certificate that can be used within a year if you do not wish to pay the $10 service charge.
- If you cancel between 14 and 2 days prior to your check-in we will transfer your deposit to a gift certificate that can be used within the next year. We take a deposit for the first night stay.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of your stay your deposit will be forfeited and we will charge the credit card we have on file for the remaining portion of your stay. THIS IS WHERE IT GETS COMPLICATED BUT IT’S TO TRY AND BE FAIR TO YOU AND US.
- When cancelling within 48 hours, if we are not fully booked on the date of your stay we will transfer the charges for your entire stay to a gift certificate that you can use within the next year.
- When cancelling within 48 hours, if we are fully booked and we are able to rebook the room, we will transfer the charges to a gift certificate that you can use within a year.
- When cancelling within 48 hours, if we are fully booked and we are not able to rebook the room you completely forfeit the charges. If we are able to partially rebook the room based on the length of your stay we will apply a dollar value of the amount we were able to rebook to a gift certificate that you can use within the next year
To cancel a reservation, please respond to the confirmation that was sent to you when you booked the room. It is also recommended that you call us after you have sent the cancellation request email if we have not responded within 24 hours.
SPA CANCELLATION POLICY
The spa cancellation policy is straight forward. If you cancel within 48 hours of your appointment you will be charged 50% of your service. FYI, that amount will not be retained by Creekhaven and will be paid directly to the therapist. Our therapists are independent contractors and could take work elsewhere so we pay them regardless of whether clients are able to make their appointments.
We hope you understand our position and we thank you for choosing to stay with us at Creekhaven Inn & Spa.
Don & Helena Hauk